Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Intro to Voo's

Ok, so here's the plan. Since I love to cook, I have decided to blog my weekly semi-elaborate dishes. I was going to name my blog Voo's, but someone already took that name.

For starters, I know the pics aren't up to par, but remember, this is a chef's *cough* blog, not a photographer's. I'm trying to take the pics while cooking, and it's not as easy as it sounds as I have to stop, arrange stuff so it looks organized, wash my hands, then take the pic. This is a learning experience for me and I hope that the pics inspire you to try your hand at cooking too.

These recipes are prepared at home, so you KNOW that this will work (or at very least it worked for me =P). It's not rocket science, cooking isn't all that hard (then again, I have seen some truly truly bad cooks).

The serving dishes (where the pics are taken) will almost ALWAYS be the same. Why? I am cooking at home and I don't have a gi-normous budget to add all kinds of fancy plates to my kitchen as I am too busy spending my money on food.

I welcome comments on the dishes ONLY IF you know what you're doing. I don't want some clueless twit complaining that the recipe "was too complicated and I burnt the water while I was reading the steps". Look at it, if it's too difficult, try something else and familiarize yourself with the kitchen and gain a little more confidence before trying something more complex. We all had to start small at one point in time.

Oh... and don't bother complaining that the food isn't "Low Fat/Healthy". This isn't a salad blog (I'm not a rabbit, I eat rabbits), this is a blog of good food. If it happens to be healthy, great, but I am not going out of my way to "use low fat milk" or "use less butter". I will cook in a way that I feel is the best way to interpret the dish. And you have been warned, even the title says this will be an oink-fest.

So... sit back and wait for the updates =D

Updates will be on a weekly basis for now, depending on my schedule.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?